Russia Post released a set of 2 stamps depicting the Gelendzhik Front Range Lighthouse against the background of the map of Gelendzhik Bay in the Black Sea and the Krasny Partizan lighthouse against the background of the map of Cape Krasny Partizan in the Tatar Strait.
The Gelendzhik Front Range Lighthouse is the oldest working lighthouse on the Black Sea coast. It is a monument of architecture. The Front Range Lighthouse is located in Gelendzhik at the address: 1 Mayachnaya Street, Lermontovsky Boulevard.
The Krasny Partizan Lighthouse came into operation on July 14, 1897, and until 1926, it had the name of the Nikolaevskii Lighthouse. The author of the project and the main builder of the lighthouse was engineer in the rank of Lieutenant Colonel K. Leopold. The building of the lighthouse is located on the shore of the Tatar Strait, 60 meters from the shoreline and 12 km from the town of Sovetskaya Gavan.
Post a Comment